Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Two years ago my now 13 yr old chihuahua had what looked…

Customer Question
Two years ago my...

Two years ago my now 13 yr old chihuahua had what looked like a stroke. We took her to the vet and he gave her a shot and predisone pills 5mg. She recovered completely. Within the last two days she is showing the same symtoms. She is wobbly when she trys to walk and she sleeps a lot. Today I gave her one of the left over predisone pills. Is there anything else I can do? I now live in St Louis and my old Vet was in Warsaw, Mo.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Carolina

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Carolina?

She is old.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

HI.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

Is she walking in circles?

Is her head tilted to the side?

Are her eyes flickering?

Paul

No. None of that

Okay can you please describe the symptome that you are seeing?

Dogs dont get strokes or at least VERY rarelt.

Paul

Never mind. I will take her to a vet.

Okay.

Sounds good.

Have a good day.

Paul