Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog broke open one of my pills but did not swallow it,

she just spit it out...
My dog broke open one of my pills but did not swallow it, she just spit it out. It was ALC CLA carnitine pill for working out. Should I be worried?
11/15/2017
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry you are concerned about your dog. If she just held the pill in her mouth and then spit it out, she should be fine. Dogs are given ALC and CLA, these ingredients are not dangerous.

Please let me know if this is helpful and if you have any other questions.

I see a chewed red capsule; it looks like she got little or none of the insides. I can't tell from the capsule what it is, but if the ingredients are ALC and CLA she should be fine.

Yes, these ingredients are safe. We give them to dogs.

Please let me know if is this helpful! Glad you feel better!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, great to here. Thank you so much!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hear*

You are welcome!

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian