Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog hasn't eaten in 2 days, has diarrhea and is vomiting…

Customer Question
My dog hasn't eaten...

My dog hasn't eaten in 2 days, has diarrhea and is vomiting brown liquid. At first I thought it was an upset stomach but now he is very listless too.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

He has Cushing Disease and I stopped his thyroid mess about 2 mos ago. Once the mess stopped, he had more energy and was happy so I kept him off.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about your dog. I just came online and saw your question; I am sorry you did not get assistance from a Just Answer expert before now.

If he has not eating in two days, and is vomiting, this could be serious. If you lift his lip to check his gums, are they pink in color?

Can he drink and keep water down? If not, he is probably dehydrated and may be in need of supplemental fluids.

What are you doing to treat his Cushing's disease?

I did not agree to a charge to my account and closed out before finishing. Please reimburse my $19. Thank you

I just answer questions for the website, and when you post here, only I see it. If you want a refund, please contact customer service on the drop down menu. I do not have access to any payment or account information.

If you have any other questions about your dog, I would be happy to help. I hope he is doing better.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?