Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is lactating with swollen nipples 2 months after

Customer Question
My dog is lactating...

My dog is lactating with swollen nipples 2 months after coming in heat

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

Fiona

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Fiona?

She has occasional vaginal discharge as well

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

W​hat is Fiona's age? Any chance she was bred and is pregnant? What does the vaginal drainage look like? How often are you seeing it?