Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog hurt his toenail and has been licking his foot and i…

Customer Question
Hello my dog hurt...

Hello my dog hurt his toenail and has been licking his foot and i looked at it today and his paw pad has a white spot

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Wrigley and 2

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

I will look at pictures and get right back to you.

Paul

Okay- pretty boring :) which is good as I have a lot of sick dogs and cats today!

That white area is hyperkeratosis and a bit of fluid retention in the keratin secondary to him licking.

Not worried at all.

He will wear that down once stops licking with regular exercise.

Okay?

How is the nail?

Paul

His nail is okay just sore. Also my other dog has a bump on her ear and was wondering if i should be worried about it

Those too are very boring.

Benign (good) lesions- most likely epithelioma or papilloma or maybe keratoacanthoma

Either way not to be worried

Worst case is she rubs one of them off/partially off and it bleeds.

Okay?

Paul

Do you have any more questions for me at this time?

Paul

No thank you so much :) you saved me vet visits

Welcome and 10-4

I will leave this link open in case you think of something else :)

And dont forget to rate me- That is how I get paid

Have a great day, Paul

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian