Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has stopped barking and lost his appetite. Appetite…

Customer Question
My dog has stopped...

My dog has stopped barking and lost his appetite. Appetite returned but his food has to be softened now. He has arthritis in his back also. He is 13 years old he seems depressed not having much to to with us . So what do you think it could be .

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Lil Romeo he is a yorkie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lil?

Yes , he has a heart murmur the vet is keeping an eye on, but they did not prescribe any meds for. They said they will just keep an eye on him. He also also has arthritis in his back and every now an then it will act up . And we think that is what happened this time. He also has skin allergies he deals with every spring and summer . But now for the last 5 days he lays around and sleeps more. It’s never gone this long. Usually 2 days and he snaps back to pretty quick

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

Is it possible that there is swelling in his throat region just behind the jaw? Can you check?

Are his teeth in good shape? Any lesions in the mouth? Can you look inside?

Paul