Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a labadoodle who is a great dog....EXCEPT...SHE

Customer Question
WEIGHS 55 lbs and eats...
I have a labadoodle who is a great dog....EXCEPT...SHE WEIGHS 55 lbs and eats ANYTHING within reach.....and then some.
She spends more time on TWO FEET than four. She is 6 months old.
How can I break her of being a "two footed" pet???
PLEASE HELP....I am SO FRUSTRATED
[email protected] HANNA
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Sara, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr. Sara. Definitely more Lab than Poodle :) I am going to start the conversation, but I have to see appointments starting at 2 and won't be back on until around 5pm. I don't want you to think I'm not replying. So when you say 2 legged dog, I envision her up on the counter, is that where she does most of her stealing? Do you have a lot of things out or kids that leave stuff on the counters? (That would be my issue) I do have an idea for an electric fence. Do you know you can set these up for indoor use? Maybe you have already tried this; let me know.