Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She has a black mole on her leg that is growing rapidly and…

Customer Question
She has a black...

She has a black mole on her leg that is growing rapidly and is growing course hair from it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Hannah she's a pit/lab and she is about 9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Hannah?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is dRB and I would be happy to assist you with this...

thanks!
no, I don't wish to have a phone call.

Moles in dogs just like in people can be both benign and malignant.....there is unfortunately no way to know by looking at a mass whether it is serious or not......the best way to handle these is to let a veterinarian examine them and if possible...then take an aspirate and look at the cells under the microscope....

you can ignore the phone requests...

ok, thank you

Can I answer any other questions for you today?

I want to help you until you feel completely satisfied....

Please feel free to return and ask any other questions that you have as this question will not close for several day....

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB