Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is having puppies and leaves it and goes to another spot…

Customer Question
She is having puppies...

She is having puppies and leaves it and goes to another spot to have another one. is this nornal?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

Gypsy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gypsy?

She is a 2 yr. old cav. First litter.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your Gypsy's problem, and want to help.

How is Gypsy doing today? I'm betting all the puppies are here? How many did she have?

First time moms can be a little more anxious about what is happening, so that definitely can be normal to walk around in between having the puppies and sometimes come out in different spots. It can make it a little more messy for us, but ultimately it is within the realm of normal. If she has puppies again in the future, it could happen that way again, but I think they are more likely to find their 'nest'/comfy place and just stay there. Hopefully you've got everyone all together now for staying warm and making it easier to nurse.

This link has some other helpful things to keep in mind during the whelping process and shortly after: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=678

Does that help?

Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian