Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has a yeast ear infection. I took her to the vet

Customer Question
My dog has a...

My dog has a yeast ear infection. I took her to the vet today, she was vomiting yellow liquid. Now her vomit is clear and she has diarrhea. She is a 4 year old Maltese . She won’t eat food but will drink water. What do I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Baylor

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Baylor?

Just that she has a fungal ear infection in both ears

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

What specific treatments were started for her ear?

Did the GI signs start after they were given?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian