Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog takes heart medication for her enlarged heart and…

Customer Question
My dog takes heart...

My dog takes heart medication for her enlarged heart and meds for her skin condition....today we had to start her on antibiotic...about 30 mins after taking her meds....she threw up twice. Should I give her...her heart meds?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

No her normal dinner about 3 hrs ago and then some treats after taking her medicine.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Her name is*****: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gracee?

She is on three medicines for her enlarged heart...the vet just increased her heart meds about 5 days ago on two of them. She had a really bad out break of her skin this morning...lesions all over her tummy area...that's why the antibotics

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Gracee is a 8.5 lb chihuahua and is 12 years old...
11/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Which antibiotic was it?

Is she keeping water down since?

How is she otherwise?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian