Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Diarrhea and loss of coordination in rear legs. Kassie,

Customer Question
Diarrhea and loss of...

Diarrhea and loss of coordination in rear legs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Kassie, Dalmatian, about 8 years old, very fit

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kassie?

She was fine until a couple days ago. Soft stools began and then yesterday and today the diarrhea. The loss of mobility in the legs just started this evening

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

What color is the diarrhea? Any blood?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Can she move her legs at all? Is she just weak?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian