Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is limping on his front leg and wont eat. No wound. Im so…

Customer Question
He is limping on...

He is limping on his front leg and wont eat.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wound. Im so scared We just finished paying our daughters tuition so we dont have money for a vet. It looks a little swollen he wont let me touch it

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No other than that hes fine

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Sara, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Sara. I understand somewhat about the tuition thing. Tell me what type of dog is he, how old and where is it swollen? Do you have a digital thermometer to take his temp? Are you in an area where there are any tick diseases?

No tick disease. He's a 7 year old Chihuahua if i spelled it right. Its a little swollen behind the right front leg. The area is not warm. He wont eat or drink water. I walked in out front to go pee. He just came back in and got in his bed.

Do you have any baby aspirin at home?