Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

What does a maggot infection look like? His name is Benji,

Customer Question

what does a maggot infection look like ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** is a 9 yr old poodle mix
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Benji?
Customer: He has been treated for an infected lump in Florida two yrs ago, but would not say what had caused it. It was a long painful prosess , and was not resolved until I insisted that the area be removed surgicly.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. A maggot infection / infestation is pretty obvious as when one is present, the actual larvae are seen on the skin or the area of the lesion. They look like very small little worms. They aren't hard to miss.