Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is 15 and just starting vomiting straight after food like…

Customer Question
He is 15 and...

He is 15 and just starting vomiting straight after food like there is a blockage

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Changed from chicken legs to biscuits a month ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Wally

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Wally?

He has had a cough previously

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How long has this been going on for?

I will help you sort through what is wrong :)

Paul

Just a few days
No we are too far away

Oh did the service just ask you to do a phone call? Sorry about that- highly annoying.

I can help you just fine by text

I will be honest- I am much more concerned with a 15 year old dog that is vomiting then a 2 year old dog- and pardon me for stating the obvious.

Is there any chance that Wally could have gotten into something he should not have?

NO history of pancreatitis?

Is he overweight?

Paul

He is probably more underweight - no history but being a Labrador, he wolfs his food down

Thanks for the additional history.

It is possible that we are dealing with a simple gastritis/enteritis and that symptomatic treatment will get him through.

However, if he continues to vomit or stops drinking or is lethargic/depressed then he needs to be examined.

Are you comfortable trying a few things at home first?

Paul

I will try what I can

Hi again,

I was traveling to Tokyo when I emailed you.

I am here now- how is he doing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian