Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I yhink my 4mo old brittany ate some foam rubber. She is off…

Customer Question
I yhink my 4mo...

I yhink my 4mo old brittany ate some foam rubber. She is off her food and seems to need to be close to me. She has thrown up twice. once last night, food, and today after drinking water with hydrogen peroxide foo soak. (liquid only

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

0. Mandi.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

She is scheduled for her final vaccinations next week. She is interested in everything. Wood,plastic, ... the only thing she doesnt try to sample is out of reach.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How long has it been since she ate the rubber?

2- Did you see her eat the rubber?

3- Any diarrhea?

I saw her ripping the sponge up about 24 hrs ago. I immediatly picked it up . I did not see her eat it, She ate ser evening bowl of food, and threw up . before i could examine it, she had re eaten it. This was 16 hrs ago. Thus far no diarrhea. She just had some food dry puppy chow, about 1/3 cup.

To make sure I got this right, she has not vomited in the last 16 hours and his behaving completely normal and eating, correct?

eating is not normal, she eats, but not with the same enthusiam as before.
I notice she does not respond to treats either

I am sorry for the delay in response I was offline by the time you came back. Friend, if Mandi only vomited once last night and is not showing any other symptoms I am uncertain if this is related to the foam rubber especially if you did not see her eating the foam rubber. Certainly, having a decreased appetite can be caused by the ingestion of a foreign body like a foam rubber but, there are many other possible causes.

In this case, I would recommend a hands-on examination with a veterinarian. In the meantime, change her diet to rice with boiled boneless chicken or ground beef. The idea is for the rice to bind and help pass the foam rubber in the stool if she did eat it.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!