Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 10 yr old standard poodle is having short, jerking type…

Customer Question
My 10 yr old...

My 10 yr old standard poodle is having short, jerking type seizures. Sometimes her head just jerks and sometimes they bring her to the ground. Vet says she has minor liver issues and he felt it was from stress. The seizures are very short - maybe 1 sec. in length. Thanks you. Rodney

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Sasha, 10 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sasha?

Liver # was high and platelts and white blood cells were low.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 3 days by:
11/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share video of what you're seeing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian