Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 6 year old cane corso has just started limping. I think…

Customer Question
My 6 year old...

My 6 year old cane corso has just started limping. I think it was a chase the oher night but I’m not sure. Do youhave any ideas.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No obvious wound/s. I checked the good leg and the limp one and couldn’t feel anything out of place and I pressed on it with no flinching.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Juno

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Juno?

She has a huge yard to play in. We both work and so we try our best to be good parents and walk her every day. She is generally a happy and content dog with no whining. She was a bit overweight but has since lost ome weight with food control. Everyone in our fanily love her.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

I'm so sorry your question wasn't responded to sooner - experts come on at different times - I just came on and saw your question hasn't been answered-

How is Juno doing? Is she still limping today?

every now and then

Is she putting a little bit of weight on the affected leg then? Or is she completely holding it up?

Is it a back leg or a front leg that she seems to be limping on?

Is she on any medications right now (or have you given her anything from your medicine cabinet recently)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian