Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 6 yr old Gordon setter got into a visiting friend’s dop…

Customer Question
My 6 yr old...

My 6 yr old Gordon setter got into a visiting friend’s dop kit and my have taken pills that were wrapped in tissues

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the Gordon setter?

She seems fine. And I have his list of Rxs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the Gordon setter seem to hurt?

Nowhere. She seems fine

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Do you need to know the Rxs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is the Gordon setter eating normally?

Her appetite is fine

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the Gordon setter having trouble peeing or pooing?

Not that I’ve seen

Veterinarian's Assistant: How is the Gordon setter behaving differently?

She is not.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious behavior changes. What is the Gordon setter's name?

Liza

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Liza?

Just the names of the Rxs

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Thanks

1- How many hours has it been since she took the medication?

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

3- How much does she weigh?

4- Name of the medications, milligrams and number of pills?

5- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Maybe two hours

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

3- How much does she weigh?

5- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

No previous problems

Friend, if you answer the questions in the order I submit them it will help me keep organize but we can move a lot faster.

3- How much does she weigh?

5- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

To what number should I send the Rxs
65 lbs

5- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

I can message the Rxs to your number

I need the names of the medications and milligrams. Giving me the prescription is not going to help me that would be for the pharmacy.

It names the pills and dosages and how often
I’ve taken a photo of his list of pills

I am sorry, I am not going to be able to help you with this information. Please contact animal poison control at(###) ###-#### I am going to opt out.

I just need to know what number you want me to send it to
I want my refund