Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has a growth that looks similar to a filiform wart or a…

Customer Question
He has a growth...

He has a growth that looks similar to a filiform wart or a skin tag on his chest. It doesn't seem to hurt him or bother him. We've noticed it's gotten a little bit bigger. We just aren't sure what it is

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

He is a 4 year old pitbull

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes my dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the Pitbull's name?

Duke

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Duke?

No he is otherwise healthy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. Welcome to JustAnswer! I’d like to help with your concerns regarding Duke.

Are you able to upload a photo of the growth?

I uploaded two pictures. The first one shows it better then the second

Ok, thanks. It looks like only one photo has loaded so far. I will wait for the second.

Has it come through? The one you got is probably the better one.

I'm sorry. I have only received one image. From the picture that I have, it appears to be a cluster of skin tags or benign skin masses.

It is impossible however to fully diagnose a skin lesion from a photograph. If these continue to grow, I recommend having Duke evaluated by his veterinarian where a skin test can be done to determine more accurately if these swellings are concerning.

I wish you and Duke all the best.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am here to answer all the questions you have. If you have no other questions, I would greatly appreciate your positive review (5 stars). Your review helps connect Experts with other customers so your input is highly appreciated, and it is the only way that I am compensated. Thank you!

Just checking in. Are there any additional questions I can answer for you? If not, I would appreciate your positive review.