Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog it’s a 10 year old 12 lb Maltese female. Last

Customer Question
Hi, my dog it’s...

Hi, my dog it’s a 10 year old 12 lb Maltese female. Last Thursday she was falling and was not able to walk without falling. I took her to the doctor and he said that she may have a pinched nerve, I also mentioned to the vet that she has been drinking a lot of water lately. It turned out that she has pancreatitis, he gave her a shot, some b12, also gave her a some liquid that he injected on the top of her neck for a few short minutes. He changed her diet and sent her home with prednisone. He also mentioned that she may have an ear infection. I took her home and the next day I noticed that her right side it’s stiff and also she made a weird movement with the right side of her face. I cleaned her ears really good and took her back. This time her regular vet saw her and we suspected that she had a stroke he doubled her prednisone and gave her antibiotics twice a day. She was having trouble walking but she wasn’t eating so I took her back on Wednesday he gave her another shot of b12. She can’t really walk now, she it’s getting worse. Can you help

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No she is fine I even made the dr cut her nails. But her legs get so stiff

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Lola

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

I am very sorry for the delay in someone answering your question.

I just came online and will do my best to help you.

How did they diagnose the pancreatiits?

And you said pinched nerve- is she able to stand up on her back legs at all now?

Can she move her back legs?

Is she able to urinate or go to the bathroom?

Eating and drinking?

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian