Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I gave my 5 week old puppy 2.5ml of roundworm med. and I…

Customer Question
I gave my 5...

I gave my 5 week old puppy 2.5ml of roundworm med. and I didn't think it was working so I gave him another 2.5ml and now I think I have gave him too much medicine because is wobbling around and falling down like he is drunk..what do I do because I don't have enough money for an overnight stay at the vet. What do I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wound

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

He was fine before I administered the extra medicine

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Bear is his name

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

I hope I can help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your pet's problem, and want to help.

How is Bear acting right now, is he still wobbly? How long ago did you give the medication?

Do you know about how much he weighs?

What is the name of the medication?

Does your bottle say how strong the medicine is, such as 50mg per 1ml?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian