Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Symptoms in female Rott/hound mix 6 yrs old: lameness due to…

Customer Question
Symptoms in female Rott/hound...

Symptoms in female Rott/hound mix 6 yrs old: lameness due to soreness R shoulder, diarrhea, lethargy, UTIs. Second vet took x-rays of shoulder which showed nodule-like tumors in lung. UTIs began in August. Treated 3 times to date with stron ger antibiotics. Lameness last 4 weeks. Diarrhea has been abated with diet & meds. How can one tell the difference between fungal infection & lung cancer?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

We had to put down her companion about 4 weeks ago due to hip dysplasia, vomiting, & diarrhea (12 yr. old F lab mix) that we had been doctoring for a while. We thought this one was depressed and not too concerned until diarhea and lameness started.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 4 days by:
11/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

We went back to our vet last evening and received clarification of cancer diagnosis and got our questions answered. I do not need your services any longer. I expected a response within 24 hours. Please cancel my question. Thank you. Nancy
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian