Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Something happened recently with my lab/ chow mix. At first…

Customer Question
Something happened recently with my...
Something happened recently with my lab/ chow mix. At first he would jump up out of no where, yelp and run off like something was biting his hind, so I thought. I took steps for fleas but he's never really scratching. Anyway, last night he jumped up screaming bloody murder, and ran under the bad. When he finnally came out I gently touched the fur to his left hip. He screamed, bit me and ran back under the bed screaming for another 2min. This morning he seemed fine, he's never limped or favored that hip but I took a milk jug (didn't want to get bit) and touched the same area. He was jumping around happy seconds just before but as soon as I touched that spot the same thing happened. God awful screaming and running to hide while he screams in pain. I can't over exaggerate the level of yelping this dog is projecting. Seems like severe pain. Please help he's my little buddy and I don't get paid for another 2 weeks to take him to a vet. Do you have any idea what this "could" be?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 4 days by:
11/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian