Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog hurt her shoulder jumping and limping now and not…

Customer Question
My dog hurt her...

My dog hurt her shoulder jumping and limping now and not walking around. I have some Prednisone that the doctor gave me for my hip. can I give her some to help her shoulder

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes. no wound on her foot.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Agatha. one year old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Agatha?

My friend gave me some Tramadol for her pain. I have been giving her one tab every 12 hours. 50mg

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has she had these signs?

How long has she been on the Tramadol? Any improvement on this?

What does she weigh?

Is she holding the leg up or dragging it?

If you feel up and down the leg, any swellings, tender spots, bruising, or bony crunching?

Any discomfort when you flex and extend each joint? Any joint swellings or puffiness?