Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog hurt her shoulder jumping and limping now and not

Customer Question

My dog hurt her shoulder jumping and limping now and not walking around. I have some Prednisone that the doctor gave me for my hip. can I give her some to help her shoulder
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: yes. no wound on her foot.
JA: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Agatha. one year old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Agatha?
Customer: my friend gave me some Tramadol for her pain. I have been giving her one tab every 12 hours. 50mg
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has she had these signs?

How long has she been on the Tramadol? Any improvement on this?

What does she weigh?

Is she holding the leg up or dragging it?

If you feel up and down the leg, any swellings, tender spots, bruising, or bony crunching?

Any discomfort when you flex and extend each joint? Any joint swellings or puffiness?