Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I need to consult a Vet not a Vet Tech, is there a

Customer Question
I need to consult...

I need to consult a Vet not a Vet Tech, is there a Veterinarian available? My dog's eye has worsen in the past 18 hours. She was fine yesterday but her Cataracts is progressing too Fast and now appears to have an infected eye?? I saw an Pet Ophthalmologist on Wednesday and that is what they diagnosed, Cataracts and prescribed some eye drops that I think may have brought this on and worsen her condition?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Kayla and she is 8.5 years old. She is a Beagle and has had Grand Mal Seizures since 6 weeks of age. She is now taking three different medications to control her seizures and so far has been Seizure free for the past 2 months.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kayla?

She recently had an MRI 2 months ago, no brain tumor or mass, so this sudden Cataract progression is very concerning. Her Blood Glucose is fine and was recently checked on Wednesday as Diabetes is a known cause of sudden blindness.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please see attached summary of her visit with the Pet Ophthalmologist at VCA in San Diego
Kayla Cataract.jpgKayla C...jpgKayla 2.jpgKayla 2.jpgKayla3.jpgKayla3.jpgKayla 4.jpgKayla 4.jpg
Rivera-Kayla_2017-11-08_...pdf
Rivera-...pdf
The eye drops prescribed are Prednisolone Acetate 1%
11/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

I'm so sorry your question wasn't responded to sooner, I just came online and hope I can help-

Thank you for all of the pictures and the letter from the eye doctor, that is very helpful.

I agree, she does look like she is sore on that left eye for being a bit red and holding it partially closed.

I'm not seeing it on the letter, how often are you putting the eye drops in? Has she ever had any other types of eye drops before?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian