Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog ate a bag of halloween candy. Her name is Snap. She…

Customer Question
Hi - my dog...

Hi - my dog ate a bag of halloween candy.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is Snap. She is 9. She weighs about 70 lbs. I have a puppy too but I don't think she ate any. I wasn't home.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

But before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer to me, so could you please confirm the following :

1. How long ago might this have happened { How many minutes or hours ago } ?

2. Roughly how many ounces of candy was in the bag ?

3. How much of it was chocolate ?