Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog had a litter of five puppies early in October and she…

Customer Question
My dog had a...

My dog had a litter of five puppies early in October and she has had a problem with worms. I know the puppies have them because they are passing a lot of them which assuming is good but the runt is trying to poop but can't all that is coming put is a small amount of clear liquid and I'm wondering if that is bad or not. They're at about five or six weeks now if say and between the five of them are eating a can of soft puppy food a day.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your puppy can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?

I haven't named the puppies i have to get rid of them so I'm trying not to get too attached

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about I Have To?

Well I can't get get the mother to gain any weight I feed her large portions twice a day and am giving her a fatty acid substance I prf t

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Have the puppies or momma been dewormed?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Are they all eating well?