Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My shitzu has liver levels unbalanced and the doctor said…

Customer Question
My shitzu has liver...

My shitzu has liver levels unbalanced and the doctor said nothing to be concerned. She has not had a boemwel movement in 6 days and has trouble walking with her back legs. She is shaking like she is cold all the time. She has urinated on a average once every other saw My and is 5. Before she got sick she got fleas. I washed her w flea shampoo and a topical flea treatment...advantix (never used before). She seemed fine and about a week went on and she still had fleas so i called my vet and he suggested a pill. We had used comforts in the past w no problem, but they didn't carry it so we used a new pill?? A day later she looked suck I took her to the very her liver lot was 334 and lot was so low it didnt read. She is 5 and had been healthy. She won't eat drink or walk now. I have to carry her and feed her. Help. I've been to the vet 2 times..they say just wait.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

There is no wound that i can see. But her white blood count was normal if that helps

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

She was fixed about 4 months ago. I also have a copy of the blood work if that would help

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Is she on any medications just now?

Has she been straining to pass stool?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Are her gums pink, yellow tinted, or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

Can you post her bloods for me to review. To do so, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.

50awd12k.pdf
4nxtky1r.pdf
Let me know if you see the attachments.

Hi again,

They don't look like the did attach (the text should be blue/purple and had a clickable link if they do). Can you try again?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian