Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I’m looking for a holistic approach to flea treatment. Dog…

Customer Question
I’m looking for a...

I’m looking for a holistic approach to flea treatment

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Dog 18 pounds. 10 months.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?

Gracie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gracie?

Other than fleas she is energetic and healthy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/11/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. This is Dr. Hill. There are a few products on the market that are herbal based. When I was pregnant, I wanted to limit the chemicals in our house and made a spray with essential oils that worked, but not nearly as effective. I eventually settled on the Seresto collar because it is the least amount of chemical exposure to the animal and to the family. I will post some links to the product and to the recipe. Please give me a moment.

This article is a comprehensive approach to a more natural approach. https://www.onlynaturalpet.com/holistic-healthcare-library/fleas-ticks/53/the-natural-approach-to-flea-control.aspx

http://essentialoilbenefits.com/10-safe-essential-oils-for-dogs-and-recipes-for-dog-fleas-ticks-itching-arthritis-anxiety-odor-ear-infections-and-better-health/

This is an article of how to use essential oils to make your own recipe. I used a combination of these oils and mixed them in witch hazel so that i could spray it on. Please ask any follow up questions. Take care.