Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I don't know how she been in labor but she has im assuming a…

Customer Question
Hello, I don't know...

Hello, I don't know how long she been in labor but she has im assuming a lil but bubble sack hanging out from her birth area?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

She's pregnant.

Veterinarian's Assistant: We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Ugh, she has a hernia too.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/10/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

How long has that sack been hanging out for?

Is she having strong contractions?

Where is her hernia located?

About 3hrs+
She trying to push but nothing comes out
One her mid stomach area

Thanks for the information. That is way too long for that sac to be hanging out with contractions. There is usually a puppy in that sack. Chances are that puppy is dead, but the other puppies are at risk as is the momma if she continues to have strong contractions. It can tear her uterus. I would get her to your vet immediately. They can try to manually remove the stuck puppy first and get x-rays to see how many puppies are there and how they are situation, but there is a good chance she needs a C-section. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John

Hello. I was just following up to see how your momma dog and puppies are doing and to see if you have any other questions.