Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has lost a lot of weigh, breathes heavily with her…

Customer Question
My dog has lost...

My dog has lost a lot of weigh, breathes heavily with her stomach contracting greatly. She drinks a lot of water and passes it soon after. Her eating is generally ok. Her stomach is big but her head is smaller and the ridge of her back very thin. She has been taken to the vet and her heart tested which is fine. Her organs was tested and again fine. Thought it was diabetes but that test was negative. Dog is usually highly energetic despite her age- 12 years. She now walks slowly and we have to stop often as she is out of breath. My dog is a Rot/Staff.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Have checked. No wound.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Roxy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Roxy?

Can't think of anything.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/10/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Has your vet done imaging like x-rays or an ultrasound?

She was shaved and had a scan. Her heart was OK no concerns from the other immediate tests the vet done.

Did they also scan the abdomen?

Would you please indicate when I should expect your diagnoses.
of Roxy's condition.
Many thanks

Friend, I am sorry for the delay in response I have been offline by the time you come back. I am going to opt out and allow another expert to help you. I don't think I could be much help in this case without a hands-on examination, I am sorry.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian