Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have an almost 5 month old puppy. He does not drink much…

Customer Question
I have an almost...

I have an almost 5 month old puppy. He does not drink much water normally, but he has really not drank much the last couple days. I actually don’t think he’s drank any the last couple days. He has urinated as usual, though. Last night he peed in the house, right in front of us twice, which is unusual and then this morning, about an hour after he had been let out to use the bathroom, he peed in his crate. He is also having a hard time putting on weight. He seems to be a bit underweight and he didn’t want to eat his food (kibble) much. We have switched his food, and this week he has been eating a lot more. His food does have water in it, I think that is how he is able to urinate. Should I take him to the vet today?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the puppy's name?

Deuce

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?

He’s a boxer?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/10/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

Has he been vaccinated?

In contact with other dogs recently?

N vomiting or diarrhea at this point?

Dewormed?

Sorry for all the questions but is helps me give you a better answer ;)

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian