Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I hadn't finished the conversation-and I'm trying to help by…

Customer Question
I hadn't finished the conversation-and...
I hadn't finished the conversation-and I'm trying to help by providing as much info as I can and would like to know what to do if it occurs again and have I done the correct thing giving her half asprin
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/10/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian
If it was a seizure then there is no time to expect this to come back. You may not see this again for days, weeks, or months. A general cut off is that seizures that occur more than once per month or more than 3 times per year should be treated with medication. There is no way to prevent them other than medication and avoiding high levels of stress/anxiety. Aspirin does not cause problems for treatment of seizures, so there was no problem there. She will need to be monitored until the morning. If possible, you may want to put a bell on her collar to alert you in case she has a seizure. There is nothing you can do during a seizure other than keeping her on her side and making sure her head is away from hitting any objects. It sounds like this was not a classic tonic-clonic seizure we observe with the jerking motions, so she may not be at risk of hurting herself.
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!