Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He doesn't want to poop, looks around at his rear. very

Customer Question
He doesn't want to...

He doesn't want to poop, looks around at his rear. very lethargic, tail between his legs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Freddie is 3, a beagle.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Freddie?

He has been licking his belly the past few days. Once this morning he cried when he pooed, But this morning he has no problems when he defecated twice. He may have eaten something but I do not know if he did or not. He lives inside so I usually know what's up/

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/9/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Freddie is acting lethargic, vocalizing while defecating, and is looking at the rear end area (usually a sign of distress near the rectum). I am sorry to hear about this problem. Is Freddie showing any signs of scooting his rear end on the floor?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian