Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 6 year old Akita is just standing out in the yard, it…

Customer Question
My 6 year old...

My 6 year old Akita is just standing out in the yard, it started yesterday he stood out in the rain and just stood there. Today is the same as yesterday he's just standing around not eating he vomited last night. He seems lethargic and out of it. I can't afford blood test or the vet right now but I love him very very much.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Well I notice a hotspot but it's healing I put cream on it and it looks much better. Other than that he's been lively and playful.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I should have added he won’t come. He usually comes in a couple times a day and at night he comes in. He is crated most nights but when he resists I don’t force him. But he won’t come in at all he just stare. If I go out he lets me pet him but won’t come in.
11/9/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. This is Dr. Hill. Please give me a moment to type my full response. Thank you.

You said that he had vomited. Is there anything that he could have gotten into, like the garbage or compost? To confirm, you said he is playful, but stopped eating and has vomited once? Have you given him any medications or supplements? Does he routinely eat meats/cheeses or marrow bones?

No he hadn’t been in the garbage. The vomit was clear maybe bile. He’s usually very very lively a week ago he knocked me down he plays too much. But he’s just standing in one spot just standing he won’t come in not even to eat.
This is adding up maybe this was a mistake. I️ if I️ could keep adding I️ could go to the vet keep the $19.00