Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 21 lb cockapoo just ate a combination of fiber gummies…

My 21 lb cockapoo...

My 21 lb cockapoo just ate a combination of fiber gummies and iron gummies... I'm not sure how many. They were in a baggie that my husband was taking on a trip

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Buster. age 15 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buster?

Not really.. he's deaf, but otherwise pretty healthy. We occassionally give him antibiotics when his colitis flares up

11/8/2017
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

How long ago did this happen?

5 minutes

If this happened within the past 30 mins, I would give 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting. Wait 15mins, and if he has not vomited, give a second dose. If he still has not vomited after the second dose, see a veterinarian right away.

I am sorry, I am unavailable for a phone call at this time. Please give the peroxide as described above. If you have no peroxide, just get to a vet right away to have them induce vomiting. Good luck!

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service (5 star rating), please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are appreciated... it's always nice to get tipped for your services. Best of luck.

Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
DrRoyC
Phone call session started
what should i give to settle his stomach after he is done vomiting.
I would not give anything at all for several hours, and then you can start offering water, and then a bland diet of boiled chicken breast mixed with white rice. After a few hours you can also try giving 20 mg of Prilosec or 5 mg of Pepcid AC.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Ann M.
He spent the night in an emergency care center so that they could monitor his blood sugar levels throughout the night. They all came back normal. He is home and doing well. Thank you for your help!

Great!

Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian