Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My puppy has thrown up undigested food 2 time out of last 3…

Customer Question
My puppy has thrown...

My puppy has thrown up undigested food 2 time out of last 3 feedings. Not sour food, nothing else in it but partial and undigested food. She does drink alot, more than my other dogs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your puppy eat anything unusual?

No checked the vomit just food and it doesn't smell sour She had her rabies vaccine 20 min before the first episode, thought it might be motion sickness as we were driving home. She did fine with supper but through up breakfast 2 1/2 hours after eating. Wont take a treat now and seems tired but she played for 20 minutes hard with my other dog she is 4 mo old I am going in to have surgery in a couple of hours

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Lulu

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lulu?

She does try to eat pine cones but I am watching her closely and it wasn't in the food. My other dog has giradia but she has not had diarrhea ect

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

This is likely a reaction to the vaccine.

Is Lulu having any difficulty breathing? facial swelling?

Paul

No she is naping now, which is usual and was playing roughly with sib half an hour ago

Good.

Give her 1.0 mg/kg Benadryl. This is an anti-histamine.

Monitor for difficulty breathing, facial swelling, additional vomiting.

Tell your vet to "pre-med" her the next time she has vaccines to prevent reaction.

Update me this afternoon.

Make sense?

Paul