Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He seems to have a small cut on the top of his penis head.

Customer Question
He seems to have...

He seems to have a small cut on the top of his penis head

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?

He is dripping a little but I have a bitch in heat and my male is unable to have an erection. He is overly excited though

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

That he is teying to mate but unable

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Kimbo slice is 5 years old, boxer mix

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Kimbo Slice

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. If this is actually on the penis itself and not the sheath that covers it, he most likely sustained an injury to the penis or has an infection of some sort. A prostate problem is also possible. If you are seeing that blood, he should not be breeding now anyway. You could risk more serious damage to his penis. My best advice is to separate them and have your vet check it out. I would want to rule out a prostate or bladder problem as well. He may need sutures if there is a laceration. He may also need antibiotics. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John

Hello. I was just following up to see how Kimbo Slice is doing and to see if you have any other questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian