Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He licks his lips all night and it drives me crazy! is he…

Customer Question
He licks his lips...

He licks his lips all night and it drives me crazy! is he not getting enough water before bed?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

He just licks his lips in the night and it keeps us up

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

He doesn't have pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?

8 year old vizsla

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

He has allergies but takes daily allergy meds Winston

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

He takes melatonin daily, which is a new thing, for his anxiety when we leave the house

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about your guy. What is his name? How long has this licking of his lips all night been going on? Is he otherwise eating and drinking well?