Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Bubbles is licking her privates and a few areas around…

Customer Question
My Bubbles is licking...

My Bubbles is licking her privates and a few areas around her head. She had an appt. with the vet two weeks ago, and they suggested the usual topical. The usual antibacterial cream is not working

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Bubbles and she is 8 years and 3 months. Or did I mention, she's delightful?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bubbles?

No, she really seems fine. Is eating, pooping normally. And this doesn't keep her from sleeping.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

I'm sorry your Bubbles is having some difficulty even after trying some topical medication.

Are the areas red or normal color as far as you can tell?

Any changes with her bathroom habits, drinking more, accidents etc?