Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is having bladder issues. 3 days straight he has peed in…

Customer Question
He is having bladder...

He is having bladder issues. 3 days straight he has peed in the house while we were at work. He has never had a problem before. And today he went twice. It smells really bad also.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

He is a 7 year old Doberman

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the Doberman's name?

Scooby

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Has Scooby ever had this issue before?

No

Okay thanks for the additional information. Are you noticing any blood in the urine at all? Based on what you are describing it sounds like he may have a urinary tract infection. You probably want to have her urine tested to confirm is that is the case. If that is the case then usually that is treated with antibiotics and the inappropriate urination in the house should stopl.