Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 3 dogs.2 greyhounds and a hound mix got into a box of…

My 3 dogs.2 greyhounds...

My 3 dogs.2 greyhounds and a hound mix got into a box of Nutri Dent nylon dental chews (16 in box) and I don't know who ate how many. Don't know if this could cause problems and whether I should forego feeding them dinner.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Greyhounds are Beauty & Star both 5 years old. Hound mix Sadie is 9 years old. All weigh 52-54 lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Beauty, Star & Sadie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

All are in good health.

11/6/2017
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

One question- are these designed to be eaten and swallowed or just chewed on?

Paul

They are dental chews for cleaning teeth...meant to be eaten

Great news.

My labs did this kind of stuff all the time- uggh!

Watch for vomiting or distension of stomach or abdominal discomfort

Give water in limited amounts at one time.

Do not feed them tonight.

Update me in AM

Make sense?

Paul

No vomiting and they don't appear to be uncomfortable. Should I be concerned if they haven't pooped. They ate them around noon

No you should not be concerned.

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Thank you

Welcome.Talk in AM

Be well, Paul

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian