Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I think my 13 pound cockapoo hurt herself jumping off

something. She has been winning...
I think my 13 pound cockapoo hurt herself jumping off something. She has been winning a lot, but playing if you engage her. When she was born she had loose shoulders. Should I try some tylenol and if so how much do you recommend?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Mylah and she is 4 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mylah?
Customer: no
11/4/2017
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Mylah. I'm so sorry she's hurting, but glad you're looking for the information you need.

I'm especially glad you're asking, but as it turns out, giving her tylenol or other human medications really isn't a good idea.

*typing more.

I understand how nice it would be if you could give her something like what you would take for yourself, but it's better not to. The better plan is to allow her to rest and avoid activities like running, jumping, and stairs.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks, ***** *****'t want a free trial I just wanted this question answered.

I'm relieved to hear she will play if you engage her. That, and the fact she's still eating okay and carrying on in an otherwise normal manner makes me less concerned this is an emergency.

With that in mind, please avoid giving any medication, allow her to rest, and take her to the vet on Monday if she's still having trouble. If needed, the vet will be able to prescribe a pain reliever for Mylah that will be safe and effective for use in dogs.

Glad I could help.

I hope she heals up quickly. I know how awful it is to watch them hurt and feel helpless.

Is there anything else I can help you with for now?

Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thanks

Thank you for using our website.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian