Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog has just eaten 2 large strips of my collagen pills,

Customer Question
My dog has just eaten...
My dog has just eaten 2 large strips of my collagen pills
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Saffi and she is 8. King charles spaniel
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Saffi?
Customer: She has a very slight heart murmer But not on meds
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Collagen - the most abundant protein in Saffi's body - is nontoxic when ingested - even in excess. I'm more concerned that Saffi may ingested the wrapping. Please let me know if that's the case.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian