Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog found Rimadyl and ate the bottle. I don't remember how

many were in the bottle.....
Dog found Rimadyl and ate the bottle. I don't remember how many were in the bottle... 3... but at most 5. I'm trying to get her to throw up with peroxide. Nothing yet. No symptoms. She ate them at most 1.5 hrs ago.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: 100mg tabs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: 75lb Weimaraner
11/2/2017
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To make sure I got this right the most she could have eaten was 5 pills of the 100mg Rimadyl, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
At most 5 pills.

Please give me 5 minutes to type your answer. No need to accept the phone call request. Thank you.

Friend, based on weight your dog took a dose of Rimadyl of 14mg/kg this dose will not be life-threatening for your dog; she may develop mild vomiting otherwise she will be fine. No need to make her vomit with peroxide.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian