Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She is 14 and a half Cockapoo that is in good shape, walks

Customer Question
everyday and loves it....demands it...
She is 14 and a half Cockapoo that is in good shape, walks everyday and loves it....demands it. The last few days she is not eating like normal or taking her regular snacks (she is a very spoiled dog) and actually turning away from her favorite snacks which concerns me. Every time I go to the Vet I pay a large amount of $$ so I am wondering if I should take her or give it a couple of days to see if she starts eating good again?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: She is biting her paws and I catch her pulling some hair out, she has terrible skin allergies and is on medication.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

About how much is her appetite down by?

What medication is she on now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She did throw up very little this morning and that had a small chunk of her fur in it. She has been scratching and chewing on her paws. Appetite has been off for about 3 days. She is on Apaquel for her skin allergy.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She is eating 1/2 of what she normally eats but drinking same water amount.

Thanks for the information. Give me a few minutes to review and respond.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why did I see that I am getting charged $19 when I only am paying $5 to ask a question? I DO NOT want any membership and I only want to pay this one time $5 for my question.

The $5 is just a deposit. $19 is the total cost for the question. I will forward to the moderators to cancel.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
cancel please!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
CANCEL PLEASE!
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian