Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is 14 and a half Cockapoo that is in good shape, walks…

Customer Question
She is 14 and...

She is 14 and a half Cockapoo that is in good shape, walks everyday and loves it....demands it. The last few days she is not eating like normal or taking her regular snacks (she is a very spoiled dog) and actually turning away from her favorite snacks which concerns me. Every time I go to the Vet I pay a large amount of $$ so I am wondering if I should take her or give it a couple of days to see if she starts eating good again?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

She is biting her paws and I catch her pulling some hair out, she has terrible skin allergies and is on medication.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

About how much is her appetite down by?

What medication is she on now?

She did throw up very little this morning and that had a small chunk of her fur in it. She has been scratching and chewing on her paws. Appetite has been off for about 3 days. She is on Apaquel for her skin allergy.
She is eating 1/2 of what she normally eats but drinking same water amount.

Thanks for the information. Give me a few minutes to review and respond.

Why did I see that I am getting charged $19 when I only am paying $5 to ask a question? I DO NOT want any membership and I only want to pay this one time $5 for my question.

The $5 is just a deposit. $19 is the total cost for the question. I will forward to the moderators to cancel.

cancel please!
CANCEL PLEASE!