Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I think my 19 lb dog ate 1 mucin eggs DM tablet. Opal that…

Customer Question
I think my 19...

I think my 19 lb dog ate 1 mucin eggs DM tablet

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Opal that she is a rescue animal that was found on the street and my vet guess that she has no older than a year and a half. She did this right after eating her breakfast

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Opal?

Don't know for sure but my veterinarian guess is that she's no more than 1.5 years old

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

I am sorry to hear this has happened. How long ago did this happen? Any vomiting or other issues since eating the medication?

5 min and no vomiting Or any other issues.I am assuming that she ate it because it’s no longer next to my coffee cup and my other dog is sniffing her mouth suspiciously
I don’t want want to pay the $28 fee

I see. Generally this medication as a single dose should not cause any major effects, besides maybe some mild GI upset. It is not necessary to induce vomiting at this point. She should be just fine after ingesting this medication. I would monitor for profuse vomiting or diarrhea, however that is unlikely. She may be a little tired, but she should not be in any danger.

For live phone call
Ok thank you

You are very welcome. I wish you both the best. She should be just fine.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. G.

Hello again,
I just wanted to check in again and see how things were going. How is your pet doing?

Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please leave positive feedback for this conversation so we know you are done with this chat.

Thank you very much and have a great day!

Just fine

I am glad to hear she is doing well.

Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information. Otherwise, please leave positive feedback for this conversation so we know you are done with this chat. Have a great day!

Dr. G.
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian