Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 14# Pomeranian just ate 28 tablets of 100 mg of

Customer Question
My 14# ***** just...

My 14# ***** just ate 28 tablets of 100 mg of Nitrofurantin. I'm freaking out. I found most of the powder on the carpet but the yellow plastic capsule are all gone.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the Pomeranian will be able to digest that. What is the Pomeranian's name and age?

Mateo i year old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Mateo?

1 year old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mateo?

He look ok, no major changes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long ago did he eat this?

What strength/milligrams?

How is he just now?