Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My English bulldog has like a style on her upper eye lid. It…

My English bulldog has...

My English bulldog has like a style on her upper eye lid. It is making her eye red.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Ruby age 9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ruby?

Her eye always leaks, like English bulldogs eyes do but just the last two days blood seems to be in the muscus

The sty or mole is half black and half red. It pushed out from under her eye lid.
10/27/2017
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

Are you able to send me a photo? That would really speed up my diagnosis and treatment planning.

Paul

Thanks!

That is called a "meibomian gland adenoma" They are not a bad cancer but cause eye irritation just like in your dog.

This will have to be surgically removed as it is just going to continue to get bigger.

Hope that helps.

Any questions?

Paul

Will they need to put her under or how expensive do you estimate this being?

Yes they will have to put her under.

Really dont know about cost- probably a few hundred I would think.

You could call your vet and get a ball park estimate from them.

If you have to wait a bit i would recommend you put a sterile eye ointment in twice a day to protect the cornea.

Paul

Can I get the sterile eye ointment over the counter?

Yes sir

Any pharmacy should have it.

Just want a non-medicated sterile ointment.

Okay, thank you so much.

Very welcome!

Let me know that you were able to get the ointment.

And dont forget to rate me- that is how i get paid :)

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian